How P.D.C.A. Solve One of the Problems of “Non-Performance”.
The People Plus Workshop
The Seven Questions
1. Do they have the correct tools / resources to do the job? [Equipment / resources]
2. How enthusiastic are they to get the job done? [Motivation / engagement]
3. Do they get sufficient support from their peers? [Peer / Colleague support]
4. Has the person clearly understood the assignment? [Effective communication]
5. Is there anything personal that is hindering their performance? [Personal problems]
6. How many times has the issue of poor performance been discussed? [A Need to correct
performance and or behaviour]
Points 1 to 6 are not Training Needs. If the cause of the lack of performance is any one of
these, no amount of training will improve their performance and / or behaviour.
Only if it is either 7.1. or 7.2, will the appropriate development improve performance /
7.1. Do they understand how to do the task?
[A need to improve knowledge and / or understanding of the task]
7.2. Can they perform the task at an appropriate level?
[They understand what has to be done, but do not know how well to do it – i.e. Skill.
Need to experience doing the task to improve skill]
This also depends on the quality of the training, transfer of learning and follow up.
(To “Close the Gap” and therefore get the Return on Learning Invested).
For Further Information on the Driving Performance Culture, please go to subscribe to our website. Or contact us at +66 840 073107, or email us @ email@example.com.